ISTANBUL GELISIM UNIVERSITY
About Istanbul Gelisim University
Gelisim University is a private University located in Avcilar District in the European side of Istanbul in Turkey, founded in 2008, and is considered among the top 15 private universities in Turkey
Gelisim University is ranked 4600th globally, with a total of 31000 students & 1300 academic and administrative members
Istanbul Gelisim University was founded to become an international University, starting with 3 undergraduate faculties, 3 Graduate Faculties & 4 Vocational schools, increasing each year by taking strong steps towards innovation to become an international university & to recruit students from all around the globe.
And as for the Turkish recognitions, Istanbul Gelisim University is accredited by ministry of higher education in Turkey (YÖK)
Accreditations and memberships of Istanbul Gelisim University
- (ABET) the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology, American engineering accreditation organization for engineering and technology fields
- (IAU) The International Association of Universities, created under the auspices of UNESCO in 1950, is a membership-based organization serving the global higher education.
- (NAAB) National Architectural Accrediting Board
- (ENAEE) European Network for Accreditation of Engineering Education
- (YÖK) the Commission for Higher Education in Turkey
- (EPDAD) the evaluation and accreditation of teacher education programs
- (CEA) Commission on English Language Program Accreditation
- (EUA) The European University Association (EUA) represents more than 800 universities and national rectors’ conferences in 48 European countries.
- (EDEXCEL) Edexcel qualifications are world-class academic and general qualifications from Pearson
- (EUPRERA) The European Public Relations Education and Research Association
- (EUR-ACE) the European quality label for engineering degree programs at Bachelor and Master Level.
- (ASIIN) is a recognized German and European accreditation agency in Engineering, Informatics Natural Sciences and Mathematics
and several other unions and associations
full list of Istanbul Gelisim University accreditations is available here
Benefits of being a student Istanbul Gelisim University
- Gelisim University provides high quality, well-equipped education to both national and international students.
- Provides international education opportunities for students while ensuring that they obtain the largest amount of Turkish and international accreditations.
- Provides a student exchange system abroad for a semester or a year in different universities in the world (Erasmus).
- Provides many joint student clubs to develop intercultural education and training discipline and develop a sense of leadership and collective responsibility.
- Supports students to build an academic career.
- Provides practical training in laboratories equipped with the latest technologies.
- Students can graduate with two certificates by taking a dual bachelor’s program.
- The university offers online courses in cooperation with international universities in the United Kingdom by expert academics.
- Orienting students from their first semester towards research projects to complete the project before graduation.
- Providing scholarships to outstanding students if they fulfill the required conditions after the first year of study.
Istanbul Gelisim University’s Mission and Vision
To be one of the world class universities that produce value for continuous improvement
Gelisim’s goal is to add value to society and humanity
Education, research and community service practices compose its core values; while
Leading competent people and those who use the resources effectively and accountably, for a world
In which goodness, fairness and sustainability are integrated.
Simply believing in research ethics and freedom in its activities,
Internalizing a quality and tolerance atmosphere and
Mastering in physical, social, cultural, psychological and digital realms, Gelisim keeps on improving
Istanbul Gelisim University in numbers:
Istanbul Gelisim University, one of the most preferred universities in Turkey by international students.
Istanbul Gelisim University teaches various programs in cooperation with leading organizations in the field of higher education
Its programs have been examined by German, British and American accreditation organizations,
It is one of the Turkish universities with the most accredited programs, which has attracted the interest of students from all over the world
It offers great educational opportunities in 5 faculties, 3 diploma schools and 2 vocational schools.
- 75 bachelor’s programs.
- 58 diploma programs.
- 60 master’s programs.
- 6 PhD programs in partnership with more than 100 universities around the world.
Istanbul Gelisim University also offers a huge research complex that includes more than 100 laboratories and 22 research centers
Additionally, it contains more than 63 student clubs that provide its students the opportunity to participate in social, cultural, scientific and sports activities.
Istanbul Gelisim University Research Center
- Computer Technologies Robotic Application and Research Center
- Scientific Research Projects Center
- Environment, Urbanism and Earth Sciences Application and Research Center
- Economic Policies Application and Research Center
- Istanbul Studies Application and Research Center
- Occupational Health and Safety Training Application and Research Center
- Public Opinion and Community Research Application and Research Center
- Career Guidance Application and Research Center
- Automotive Technologies Application and Research Center
- Political and Social Research Application and Research Center
- Social Responsibility Application and Research Center
- Continuous Education Center
- Technology Transfer Office
- Gender Studies Application and Research Center
- Turkish and Foreign Language Application and Research Center
- Life Sciences and Biomedical Engineering Application and Research Center
- New Generation Entrepreneurship and Innovation Application and Research Center
Workshops and Laboratories
Moreover, Istanbul Gelisim University provides high-tech and quality halls, workshops and laboratories to transfer theoretical information to practical practice for all faculties and their total number of 25, including:
- Dental laboratories.
- Medicine and anatomy laboratories.
- Computer and programming laboratories.
- Mechanical laboratories.
- Flight systems and engines laboratories.
- Art halls
- Sports halls and clubs.
- Workshops for sewing, drawing, fashion design, marketing and cars.
Radio, television, film, photography, video and audio studios.